Sunday 16 September 2012

So, Winter Is Coming...

..and along with winter, comes the time for cocooning. Everyone stays in, either not having enough money (the reason being the vacations or the new Dark Vengeance box, I don't really know) or it's rainy/windy/cold. That means a lot more time spent inside and a lot more free time for painting, I guess.

Being a free time painter (not a gamer unfortunately), I find autumn and winter to be the perfect time for painting and converting and cutting and doing stuff with your army. So, I've been to my mother's house (that serves as a warehouse for stuff we don't have the space here) and I've brought back my chaos space marines of the Black Legion. This project was born at least 8 years ago, and it's still on-going. I hope at some time I would be able to finish it, or reach an acceptable level of finished models.


Primed minis everywhere....


So, I opened the box, I took out primed minis and started to correct where the primer didn't reach them. I made a respectable number (about 10 or 15) and put them away in the army case for tomorrow, so when I open it for painting they would be ready.

I also got my hands on some other minis that I've made through the years. One of my favourites is the sick possessed chaos space marine with a foetus hanging through it's intestines.


This guy, is part of a team, and he was created back in 2004. I used a chaos space marine body from space crusade, and bits and pieces from the chaos space marine sprue and the lost and the damned zombie sprue. Also some green stuff (obviously). He came out really nice.

So, as I was checking my stuff, I came across an old mini, one of the metal Legion of the Damned models. I think he's a sergeant, although he doesn't have much of detail on him (the old moulds). Anyway, I always wanted to paint this guy (I bought him in a sale of old models in a shop here in Athens) and he was sitting around, primed, since.




I managed to finish him in an evening. He came out pretty nice, for a first time. But, more pictures of him, will be available next time.

Have fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment