Sunday 23 September 2012

Chaotic Heresy


                                                             Even Horus seems clueless:



Yes, it is the time where I have to separate my self from two distinct things: One is the gaming area and the other is the modelling area.

As I've previously stated, and  friend of mine said "here, we don't miss the gamers, we miss the modellers". For better or for worse, this is true, there are not enough people painting or converting. I've never thought my self as a gamer: I own a copy of Warhammer 40K 5th edition and I've only played 2 times with that rule set. So, someone might ask, "why this intro"?

Being a new blog, one out out of thousands out there about the Warhammer hobby, I've read numerous times blogs that incorporate modelling and rumours and/or rules reviews. Unfortunately I'm not into rules, and the only source for new stuff, is the news feed I receive from Forge World and my own hand guiding the mouse when I browse the GW site. So, with the new Chaos Space Marines codex coming out, the new 6th edition already out on the selves I have to make a choice and state, that this blog will strictly stick on the modelling aspect. I don't have the time to discuss rules or rumours, I don't have the knowledge to discuss rules and rumours and last, but not least, these entries are created for fun: people who wanted to paint and have a good time around a table, with a bunch of paints and brushes in front of them. Obviously from time to time, there would be a reference to new stuff from the creators of the hobby, but that's it. I know that there aren't many who read this blog, but you never know.


So, in that new spirit, in other news. Forgeworld released the miniature of the Heresy Era Angron, Primarch of the World Eaters Legion. Awesome model. And pretty cheap for a FW model (50 pounds). We dare to hope and speculate, that with Horus Heresy on sale, we will be happy to see more Primarch Models. Perhaps even an Emperor of Mankind model. 

The new Chaos Space Marines miniature range is out. A new White Dwarf (with a new look), a new chaos codex, and tons of videos. But with this new era of models (the ones that made their appearance with the Dark Vengeance boxed set), leaves me with mixed thoughts. Seems like GW is paving the way, for a new age of models. Models that would be hard to put a hand and convert them to something more personal. With all those click and clacks on the new minis, and the tag line "They can be assembled without the need of glue", seems like a good fun quick to make and play stand alone battles. But I think there's a catch: most of the models have a great deal of detail and personally I wouldn't cut their arms to reposition them or add a different weapon to give them a new look.

On the other hand, it would be a great and quick way for new players who don't have the time or the hand to make miniatures to just put them together and start to play.


Comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment