Thursday 24 January 2013

Better Late than Never.

Isn't that what they say? Better late than never? Anyway.

Happy New Year! I'm here, you're here, so I guess the end of the world came and pass, and nothing happened: No Eye of Terror broke through our reality, no fall of the Eldar, no Age of Great Expansion (I feel a little sad about that last one). Anyway, it has been a while and I've been a little busy finishing stuff here and there, painting, modelling, changing from one army to an other, and so on. So, first things first, let's see what I've been doing all this time.

First and foremost, I managed to finish modelling the Chaos Space Marine Bikers/Riders of the Apocalypse and the outcome is satisfying. I hope I'll be up to the task to paint them (I'm still struggling on that). So, let's see some pictures, shall we?


So, this is the squad. Five of them all with different weapons (just for the fluff) and the standard bearer (who would play the role of the Aspiring Champion. But let's see them one by one:



"I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come and see!" I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest."


Obviously, I couldn't attach a bow on that guy over here. But somehow I needed to show the "projectile". So I gave him two bolters: a bolt pistol and a bolt gun.

"When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come and see!" Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword."



The Red Horseman, the champion of Khorne. As I used the fantasy Chaos Knights models, the use of a hand with an ax/hatchet thing, came naturally. The head came from a Catachan sprue that I had to cover with a blob of greenstuff (here is seen unmolded and unsculpted).


"When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come and see!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"





Unfortunately, I didn't had any scales to model on this guy. So I just made his posture a little more dynamic, like he's riding to reap those beneath him. Although, definitely something will be painting on his horse that will remind a scale.



"When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come and see!" I looked and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine, and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth."




When this project begun, I had in mind the phrase "Behold a Pale Horse" from the Apocalypse. The whole idea came from this guy, over here. So it is with great pleasure that I finished him finally. 


And of course, Lucifer, the Light-Bringer:



For this guy, I used the banner from the Chaos Knights, and the head from the fantasy champion of Khorne on Juggernaught. The unhelmed one. It kind of reminds me the character Tim Curry played on the movie Legend:



So he would be modelled according to that.


Perhaps you've noticed that there are some powerpacks/backpacks missing. That's because, at some point, I didn't had any of those! I really freaked out, cause I cut and made a lot of miniatures, and there should be spare powerpacks lying around. I have to dig deeper and check for more.

I really loved working on these guys. It was nothing really difficult or extraordinary and it was something I had in mind for quite some time now. Now, next thing is to get them painted and make them look really awesome.


Again, thank you for reading, see you really soon.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment